Thursday, April 30, 2015

Meditative Stills









Egret is one of the birds who can stand absolutely still for hours in search of food. If the water is absolutely calm like in this photo it allows you to capture amazing mirror image. This one was standing like this for more than 10 - 15 minutes. Looks like they are in deep meditative state of mind except with eyes wide open.




 
















Another one was standing on top of the abandoned decorated colorful boat. This I believe was meditating after the meal like we all do many times. This too was standing in that position for so much time. I actually waited for it to turn the head so that I can capture the profile but it never did.























Here is the classic Great Blue Heron (GBH) during the dinner time. It was looking for fish for a good meal and again for a very long time. It was a little dark at the time, I still love the silhouette in the waters. Standing still for long time.









  





 









This Egret was looking for the lunch in the bright afternoon. It was on the edge of that wooden barge standing still for few minutes. I was hoping that it can spot a fish so that I can click some action. Then I gave up and clicked this reflection. At the last minute it managed to lift the right leg just when I clicked.











In all these photos the nice blue water background illuminates the white on it, almost reflecting the sunlight, creating an amazing and equally bright reflection in the waters.

Interesting challenge I had when I clicked these was my lens malfunctioned like a day before and AF stopped working completely. So I had to click all these on MF which usually does not work with Birds as timing is important.


Equipment:
Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Sigma 170-500mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors