Friday, April 3, 2015

Mesmerizing Sight!!!





One of my most favorite activity is to watch the moon on any given night at any place with clear skies ...... it is something that simply captures my mind completely and I lock my eyes on it like a hypnotized person ... Each corner of the world gives you a completely different view or perspective of the same Moon from respective angles. This full moon is from India.
 





In my experience Full Moon is always an amazing sight for the naked eyes but if you want to capture it then the shaded Moon is the best. Full Moon is almost naked .... too exposed ...... where as shaded displays great contours with great clarity. Moon is one of those specimen for me which I will keep clicking each time I see it. This one I clicked from the Great Pacific Northwest just couple of days after the first quarter half moon..









Last week I clicked one more on my way back home from birding and sky was still a bit dark blue, moon was shaded and rest you can see in the photo. If you compare this one with the one above and you can see striking similarities. This photo was clicked just couple of days ahead of first quarter half moon. This one too is from the Great Pacific Northwest.









Equipment: 
Camera: Canon EOS Kiss Digital X (Photo 1), Canon 7D (Photo 2 & 3)
Lens: Sigma 170-500mm (Photo 1), Sigma 150-500mm (Photo 2), Canon 100-400mm (Photo 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors